By Abby and Elle
Floral prints are definitely hot this spring. The great news is that colors and patterns don’t much matter. (The Hippie in us is loving this trend — Flower Power all the way, baby!)
Unsure about how to incorporate florals into your wardrobe? Follow these tips for adding some fresh blooms to your summer look:
- Get into the shopping mood by stopping at the fragrance counter first and asking to try the latest floral scent.
- Look for an unusual, standout floral piece that will coordinate with a few things you already have. For example, the skirt pictured below is absolutely charming and the perfect “wow” piece — so long as you don’t have to purchase an entire outfit to go with it.
- If floral patterns feel too “frilly,” consider choosing prints in cool colors or prints that mix florals with stripes or plaids.
- If you’re not interested in expanding your wardrobe — or if your wallet is a little on the slender side — consider accessorizing your summer wardrobe with inexpensive floral-inspired jewelry, sunglasses or patterned hosiery.
- If all else fails, tiptoe over to your neighbor’s garden, snag a bloom and tuck it behind your ear. Nothing beats the real thing!