By Abby and Elle
Whether you love polka dots the size of birthday balloons or pinholes, splash some on for fun this summer. Here are 6 tips for wearing polka dots:
1. Mix it up! Don’t be afraid to combine polka dots with other patterns such as stripes or florals.
2. Polka dots and jeans are a winning combo. You simply can’t go wrong.
3. Use polka dots boldly as your dynamic piece or as your splash of color. (Here the boldness is tamed by overlaying a lace top, only because it was a little chilly.)
4. If you’re unsure about wearing polka dots, try easing your way into them. (Though really, people, wearing polka dots shouldn’t be that hard.) This top combines polka dots with multi-sized circles in a lava lamp kind of pattern.
5. If you’re too “conventional” for all-over polka dots, consider a polka-dot accent piece such as a scarf or shoes. Visit NeimanMarcus.com to snag these polka dot Valentinos. Trigger alert: They ain’t cheap.
6. Lastly, don’t worry about the size or shape of your body. Anyone can pull off polka dots. The key is to make sure the fit and colors are right! (And, yes, I wore this outfit to play a grueling game of miniature golf with my man on July 4th. We’re not fibbing when we say, “We don’t dress. We overdress.”)