By Abby and Elle
This week begins Random Acts of Kindness Week and an opportunity for each of us to make a difference, no matter how small the gesture. Ideas abound for performing these random acts (see below), and we even thought up some of our own — related to fashion of course.
Here’s the Abby & Elle short list:
- Buy fair trade. Revive is a terrific local boutique for clothing and accessories. Shop Ten Thousand Villages for accessories and jewelry.
- Clean your closets and donate what’s still in good condition to Goodwill, Salvation Army or Dress for Success Cleveland, to name but a few local charities.
- Compliment (authentically, of course) someone on what they’re wearing. (Additional thought: Then suggest they give the item to you. After all, they’d probably want to return the kindness, no? It can’t hurt to ask.)
- Coordinate a coat drive or sock and underwear drive with friends, co-workers and family to benefit a local women’s shelter.
- Oh, and please post a comment to tell us what you’d like to see more of in the months ahead. Hearing from you would make our day!