Remember those old rules of fashion your mom learned from her mom? Like your nail polish should match your lipstick, or your shoes should match your belt? I don’t know about you, but I have several shades of lipstick and dozens of colors of nail polish; if they match it’s purely by accident. Lucky for me, all my shoes and belts are black.
- Don’t wear sandals or white after Labor Day.
- Wear suede shoes only in the fall and winter.
- Cut your hair after 40 because middle-aged women shouldn’t have long hair.
- Don’t wear black in the spring and summer.
- Only wear diamonds in the evening.
- Don’t mix jewelry made from different colors of metal, like yellow and white gold.
- Don’t wear black at a wedding; it is bad luck.
- Don’t wear nylons if you plan to wear open-toed shoes.
- Only wear velvet during fall and winter.
Are these sayings still practical in today’s high-fashion world? Tell us what you think.